Wednesday, June 20, 2007

She's Queen of the Night

As much moth wing as my teeth.

The narcissus disappeared underwater. Mary Todd Lincoln was named after a day lilly.

Slender, speckled day-lilly beds.

A moth flaps into my mouth.

The furiously flesh-elemental Laura Bush liked his blue shammy shirt, and he loved what she loved, and she drove her car over his ruby red day-lilly chest under the blood black moon on a clear night and she killed that guy who was her boyfriend.

Snug people with tattooed arms tug the tuft of hair where my neck meets my gorgeous tubular body.

3 Comments:

Blogger BrianC said...

In the post-Bush years I think we're going to face two possible scenarios re. Laura Bush: a) she really is a graduate of Stepford High School, thus explaining the fixed smile and vacuous stare; or b) she's a long-suffering, emotionally battered wife of one of the most evil men on the planet.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Killing her boyfriend, ironically, helped usher in our new "culture of life."

Sometimes the ends do justify the means.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Shimmy said...

That's a good point about Laura Bush's ends justifying her means. I think I've heard Ayman al Zawahiri say the same thing (but with a little more flourish, and with a bare, rocky mountainside in the background).

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home