Thursday, May 31, 2007

"The Factory is the Time and Space of Our Everyday Subsistence"

Debord opened his gold cigarette case with a slash of his fingernail.

"Where have you been, Shimmy?

"Go away."

"I looked everywhere," he said, digging into his pocket for a lighter. "Where were you?"

Under the bed, in the closet, under the ottoman, in the bathtub (waiting for the spigot), in front of the stove, beneath Tony's computer desk, on the back porch -- what was that noise? -- asleep on the bed and inside the empty newspaper box and the loveseat and on a phone-book-sized stack of "poems."

"I've been busy," I said. I wiped my brow with a licked paw.

"Shimmy, you must understand. Raoul Vaneigem says the factory is all around us. It is, he says, the morning, the train, the car, the ravaged countryside, the machine, the bosses, the chief, the house, the empty newspaper box in which we sleep, the family, the trade union, the street, one's purchases, pictures, one's pay, the television, the dental floss and shoelace one chases, one's language, one's holidays, the tabletop hockey game under the bed, school, housework, boredom, prison, the hospital, and the night."

Debord lit a Gaulois and sucked deeply into his lungs. A sash of smoke rose between his fingers and a water bug rattled in the bathtub.

"Vaneigem also says the factory is the time and space of our everyday subsistence," I reminded him. "It is the becoming accustomed to repetitive moves and suppressed emotions, emotions sampled through the proxy of intermediary images. I can make a water bug faint inside the bathtub."

"What are you afraid of, Shimmy? What made you so scared?"

Seven thousand lepers! A candy chair and some certainty, a red cape around my neck and a dead moth at the end of my wet snout.

"The new dog across the hall," I said. "Weed thong, a larch she lost."


3 Comments:

Blogger sonnyc44@myway.com said...

Hey Shimmy, SonnyC here from America First. Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I think Ann looks like dead people, and when she's like on O'Reilly or Hannity, she even acts like dead people because she kinda sits there and barely answers the question. I think she's great, her analysis is cool from my side of Hell, anyway.

Used to live in Chicago, went to Palatine High, Barrington High, and Northwestern military Academy in Lake Geneva, watch the movie Omen II and you can see me marching around in uniform with Damien the Antichrist.

Shimmy...that's very close to the Hebrew Shammah which means "horror"

"Blow the horn in Gibeah, The trumpet in Ramah. Sound an alarm at Bethaven: ‘Behind you, Benjamin!’ Ephraim will become a desolation (shammah - waste, horror, appalment)...." (Hosea 5:8-9)

So, how about I call you 'ShimmyShammah'? Sort of sounds like chimi changa or however those rat bastard Mexican illegals pronounce that big burrito thing.

Boy, with me on one side of Hell, and you on the other, we probably would create the Big Bang if we were to ever collide. I'm getting turned on by that...

Later, baby.

I'm married, I'm conservative, i'm christian, But it's still fun to flirt with pure evil!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Shimmy said...

SonnyC--

Ann Coulter looks like dead people; acts like dead people; and thinks about dead people when she's making love.

Pray for her, SonnyC. She hates democracy, hates the troops, and can't hold a job.

I fell asleep in a handful of dust under the bed this morning.

But the sound of SHAMMAH woke me! As in: "The distance all around will be 18,000 cubits. And the name of the city from that time on will be: [Jehovah-Shammah] The LORD is There" (Ezekiel 48:35).

O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord,
Shimmy-Shammah

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shimmy-Shammah was my favorite INXS album, until Kick.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home