Monday, November 19, 2007

At the Overlook Hotel

Shimmy, we've missed you so.

Go away, Grady Girls. Go back to your miserable hotel.

We can't wait to see you again.

Leave me alone.

Come play with us, Shimmy.

I do what I want.

Come play with us, Shimmy. Forever. And ever. And ever.

Go back, Grady Girls. Back to your malefic, blubbering Den of Spies.

Tony and Shelly are taking you to Uptown Animal Hospital very soon. We can't wait to see you.

Will they ride me on back of their pretty little bourgeois bicycles, Grady Girls? They sold their car last year. You can't stop me.

Very soon they'll take a cab, Shimmy. Forever and ever.

They won't open the back door for me. They wouldn't let me out for Veteran's Day to Walter Reed Army Hospital to eat lice, cockroaches, mice, and spiders. Rusks of vermin from the Walter Reed pantry melt in my indefatigable mouth. I stare at the back door knob but nothing happens. Nobody can stop me.

What flavor of yogurt do you want, Shimmy?

French Vanilla.

Then French Vanilla it shall be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home