Sunday, December 18, 2005

Episode Three: "Police State or Garden of Eden?"

RHODA:
The President of the War on Terror speaks to the country tonight on TV, Mary.

MARY:
Stay the course? Or apologize for being a corrupt, lying, cowardly little man? Tough call.

RHODA:
Christ, the Pentagon is spying on America.

MARY:
The clink of a chipmunk, a lovely shadow. A pile of tuna in a dish in the kitchen on the floor. In the middle of the night.

RHODA:
The Pentagon says the Quaker Meeting House in Lake Worth, FL, is a threat to national security.

MARY:
They washed the white towel in the newspaper box I sleep in. It smells like bleach. I'm supposed to sleep there. On the bleached blanket. In my newspaper box that doesn't smell like me anymore. Who are they trying to fool?

RHODA:
I support the troops going to the lawless border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan and capturing Osama and Ayman Al-Zawahiri.

MARY:
I cannot be touched or picked up today.

RHODA:
Wait till you hear this, Mary. Post said in the Fort Bragg speech that the war on terror is "a war that's been going on since the Garden of Eden in many ways. (Terrorism) is a very complicated species of political violence."

MARY:
Yahweh pushed around Adam and Eve like they were water bugs trying to flee my bathtub. They can't. I always win.

RHODA:
Remember, he also said: "You can't (fully) defeat terrorism without defeating democracy." Oh, my God.


MARY:
The Defense Department says, We kill democracy in order to kill terrorism.

RHODA:
What planet do we live on?

MARY:
Shelly wants to change her name to "Cinnamon."

RHODA:
It's right there on the Defense Department web site: "Terrorism has been going on since the Garden of Eden." We're fucked, Mary.

MARY:
Bush hates his own troops so much, I don't know how he can sleep at night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chet said...

My friend asked me where I thought Dubyah would fit in Joseph Campbell's Hero cycle. I couldn't really answer that so I changed things up and put him into Plato's cave, deep, deep down into the cave.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Shimmy said...

And when the torches shine their light upon him, he does not cast a shadow on the wall of the cave. Like a vampire staring in a mirror.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Chet said...

I wonder if the other chained citizens would impeach him? I guess if they can't see him that might be tough.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home