Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Astrological Chart

Inspiration might hit you like a bolt from the blue today, dear Shimmy. Your imagination, innovation, and ingenuity are operating at a very high level -- which leads you to read a report that characterizes Guantánamo Bay as "a prison beyond the law." You never thought such an institution was possible in the United States. It's a positive day ahead, though, and you'll be more tolerant than usual of the mercurial moods and passions of those around you.

As you read the Center for Constitutional Rights's Report on Torture and Cruel, Inhuman, and Degrading Treatment of Prisoners at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, you'll notice, with dismay, a resemblance to John McCain's horrific tales of Viet Cong torture. Whatever you devise or discover should attract a lot of positive attention your way, except when you're reading about Sami Al-Laithi, a pro-democracy English teacher whom U.S. forces determined was "no longer an enemy combatant" on May 10, 2005, and was later released. Al-Laithi is now confined to a wheelchair as a result of beatings by the U.S. military at Guantánamo. Raped by U.S. soldiers during his imprisonment, Al-Laithi said, "I am in constant pain. I would prefer to be buried alive than continue to receive the treatment I receive. At least I would suffer less and die."

Thus, your nerves could also be a bit stressed, so try to remain calm and not get too flustered if you hit a few blocks here and there. Remember, of the roughly 550 prisoners at Guantánamo, about "a few dozen" provide "continuing intelligence value" for the U.S. military, according to Lt. Col. Anthony Christino. If you can manage it, take a little break from your busy schedule to devote a few minutes entirely to yourself! Of course, you're not used to so much self-indulgence, Shimmy, but today it would do you a world of good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shimmy said...

Virgo.

My greatest asset is my inquisitive mind, which enables me to eat anything smaller than me. I pay attention to order and detail, and no one will ever stop me opening closet doors. I enjoy analyzing problems and detest people who eat my food when I'm sleeping. I am ruled by the quick-witted Murray, which gives me an edge in intellect and extra-sensory perception. My spirit-guides are Mary's swinging kitchen doors, forever tending the harvest and vintage of nations.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home