Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In the United States, Citizens Without Health Insurance Probably are Having Fabulous Sex in Exotic Vacation Locales Even as We Speak

On Mars
in 46 years,
Perky Pat
changes
my litter
every day

You could
feed me
but you're
staring
at my
head

In Peru,
they let you
have pretzels

Quit
looking
at me

In the U.S.,
citizens without
health insurance

probably
are having
fabulous sex
in exotic
vacation locales
even as
we speak

On the moon,
yogurt
& warm
cream
curdle
prematurely,
& the terrified
faces
of dead mice
appear
on coins

Stop
staring
at me

In Kirkuk,
mass funerals
commemorate
80 people

killed by
a truck
bomb
and two car
bombs

I'm not
blinking

In the White House,
the microphone
smells
like a beer
& they're
sharing
a drink
they call
loneliness
& it's better
than drinking
alone

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like, at the White House these days, someone is practicing politics as the businessmen slowly get stoned.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home