Monday, October 02, 2006

The Haunting

GRADY GIRLS: Come play with us, Shimmy.

ME: Go away.

GRADY GIRLS: You know why we're here.

ME: You're making me angry.

GRADY GIRLS: They're taking you back to the Uptown Animal Hospital.

ME: I made Dr. Kolm move away. I scared him. He moved to the suburbs.

GRADY GIRLS: He's not the only doctor there. You know that, Shimmy.

ME: Dr. Kissinger wears a butcher's apron. There was blood on the walls.

GRADY GIRLS: Why don't you come play with us? Forever. And ever. And ever.

ME: They can't take me there. I don't want to hear any more stories about Salvador Allende.

GRADY GIRLS: They can do anything they want.

ME: Literally, they can't take me there. They sold their car.

GRADY GIRLS: They joined a car-sharing organization.

ME: Fucking hippies.

GRADY GIRLS: They will drive you to a follow-up appointment at the vet. In their car-sharing sedan. Unless you come play with us, Shimmy.

ME: Why do you say my name like that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Regality said...

One of the most terrifying events in my life was overhearing two acquaintances talking and one said to the other: "If Kissinger ran, I'd vote for him." Damn near lost my dinner there and then.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home