Wednesday, November 23, 2005

All the Pretty Things They Want to Blow Up

What kind of homicidal mental illness makes the Right-Wing want to blow up pretty things? Reading the Reuters newswire today, I saw that the Bush Administration allegedly planned to bomb Al-Jazeera last year. According to the news report, a "secret British government memo said British Prime Minister Tony Blair had talked Bush out of bombing the broadcaster in April last year." I thought Tony Blair spent all his time licking the fur behind Bush's head and cleaning the spaces between his claws. Can he really talk that sick man out of anything?

Maybe Bush actually said, "Tony, after dinner I'm going to admit to God that I'm a lame, cowardly, simpering fool -- not much of a man at all. I've wakened from an awful dream. What horrors have I created these past 5 years? I'm going to beg forgiveness as best I can." Then maybe Blair actually did talk him out of it. Perhaps Tony Blair's face took on the shimmering visage of Dick Cheney, green smoke creeping out his ears, and he said, "Don't do anything rash. I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency."

I broke into the bedroom closet again, in the middle of the night, and sat atop a stack of old shoe boxes. I thought that sound was a raccoon. It's the dogs upstairs chasing a vile bone.

I'm left wondering why they want to blow up pretty things like Al-Jazeera . . . or why they want to blow up pretty things like Coit Tower, a monument to San Francisco firefighters. During his November 8, 2005 radio show, the lying infantile Bill O'Reilly asked Al-Qaeda to blow up pretty things in the United States. As if speaking directly to Ayman Al-Zawahiri, O'Reilly said: "Look, every other place in America is off limits to you except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead."

But Coit Tower is a monument to firefighters. I don't understand. Is O'Reilly somehow inspired by Al-Qaeda's own hatred of U.S. firefighters? If so, does this impulse make him a sociopath? Wasn't the Right-Wing happy enough in 2003 when the U.S. Air Force dropped a bomb on the pretty Baghdad headquarters of Al-Jazeera, killing journalist Tarek Ayoub?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home